Saturday, September 27, 2008

Through my window, I can see



Through my window, I can see
A lonely little mango tree
A wilting flower, a rusty car
An old, abandoned factory
A yellow bird that's feeling blue
A rubber band, a leather shoe
A garbage can, a homeless man
A mangy cat that would not mew.

And through the window I can see
A curious boy stare back at me
He smiles, I smile; he frowns, I frown
It seems he's come from out of town:
His eyes are black, the town is grey
I'm pretty sure he's lost his way
He smiles again, again, I smile
We stand there smiling for a while,
And then he disappears, and though
He hadn't said a word, I know
That he'll be back - 'tis rather plain:
Reflections on a window pane.

8 comments:

Deboleena said...

*speechless*

precisely said...

i like the concept a lot.

Tito said...

This is the one of the best you've written yet. Really very well written.

And yes, the pic was drawn by me. :D

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

great stuff. may i blogroll?

Vile and Vicious said...

Of course you may!


Um ... what's 'blogroll'?

Doubletake, Doublethink. said...

when you link a blog to your own via that little list on the side :D

Anonymous said...

Okay. :) Yes, of course you may.

weevil girl said...

this is amazing.